This is a great way to lighten up your black eyed peas!
Updated: Aug 28, 2020
Black Eyed Pea Salad
· 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
· 1 cup chopped parsley
· ½ cup olive oil*
· 4 scallions, roughly chopped
· 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
· 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
· ¼ cup pickled jalapeno peppers, minced
· 1 medium cucumber, seeded and finely chopped
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· ¼ cup fresh lime juice (about 2 ½ limes, juiced)
· ½ cup olive oil
· ¼ cup cilantro, minced
· 1 clove garlic, minced
· 1 TBSP. salt
1. Add the black-eyed peas, scallions, bell pepper, tomato, cucumber, jalapenos, and minced pepper to a large bowl. Season the mixture with salt and pepper and use a big spoon to toss the salad.
2. Mix the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the salad
3. Cover and set aside at room temperature for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight.